Support SERC Institute
SERC Institute exists wholly to support the Schoodic Education and Research Center of Acadia National Park and to collaborate in carrying out the center’s work. The new campus of SERC brings both new opportunities and new challenges.
SERC Institute works with teachers to get students engaged in scientific investigations, offering programs both at the schools and within the parks. We seek to enable teachers to introduce students to the actual practice of scientific research, improving science education throughout the state. SERC Institute collaborates with Acadia National Park to bring over 800 students each year to SERC for a residential program of exploration and discovery.
Supporting SERC Institute gives you the unique opportunity to contribute to research and education in Acadia National Park. Your gift helps the park expand its knowledge of its resources while protecting them for future generations.
The SERC campus is an outstanding research and education facility that uniquely magnifies your gift. Individual donations in the past have contributed to the success of our exceptional work and continued support will allow us to increase our scope and achievements.
Your gift to SERC Institute is a special opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to our work at Schoodic. Help us create the next generation of scientists and educators.
Gifts of all sizes are appreciated. Levels of opportunity include:
- $50 - one student for one day in a residential program
- $150 - one student for the entire residential program
- $250 - transportation costs for one class
- $500 - 10 days of lodging for a researcher
- $1000 - 3 weeks of lodging for a researcher
- $2500 - 25 students’ participation in Schoodic Education Adventure (SEA)
- $5000 - research fellowship for one season OR two classes’ participation in SEA
- $7500 - one summer intern OR one Teacher-Ranger-Teacher participant
- $10,000 - Dixon fellowship for research OR annual sponsorship of SERC Institute website
- $25,000 - supports capacity building of SERC Institute
- $50,000 - supports SERC Institute infrastructure